Monday, January 20, 2020

Thanks to the New Bern Historical Society

Many thanks to the New Bern Historical Society for a great program yesterday. It was an honor to deliver the Annual Ed Bearss Civil War Lecture at the N.C. History Center at Tryon Palace. There was a great, capacity crowd (about 200) at a fantastic venue.

Most of all, I enjoyed talking with so many knowledgeable people before and after the talk signing including Mickey Miller (the Society's Executive Director), Jim Hodges (the Society's Curator), Jim Reifinger, Steve Shaffer, David Skaggs, John Klecker, Jon Miller (New Bern Battlefield Park), Lindy Cummings (Tryon Palace), Alan Hawkins, Skip Riddle (Kinston CWRT), Steve Dembickie, and many others. I also want to give a special shoutout to my cousin, Asher Brinson, who attended as well.
Photo by Skip Riddle


Current Speaking Schedule: 2024-2025

I've had a great time over the last year talking to groups about my latest book -  Gettysburg's Southern Front . The best part is me...