Thursday, July 4, 2019

Random Thoughts on History Blog Looks at The Fight for the Old North State

Some great comments on The Fight for the Old North State from Tim Talbott at the Random Thoughts on History blog. As many of you know, I'm a big fan of Talbott's site - so I was happy to send along a copy. He reads many interesting titles and prepares thoughtful write-ups about them. I've also enjoyed chatting with him about the Petersburg Campaign. You can read his full post about my book at his site but I've included an excerpt below:
Tim Talbott
Tim Talbott

"Meticulously researched, vividly told and interpreted, The Fight for the Old North State not only helped fill a void in my own knowledge, it will certainly become the go to source for the greater Civil War community to understand these particular actions. In addition to a nice set of maps, the book also contains a number of photographs that help the reader with some of the campaign's lesser known figures. Do yourself a favor and add The Fight for the Old North State to your library. I highly recommend it." -  Tim Talbott at the Random Thoughts on History

Current Speaking Schedule: 2024-2025

I've had a great time over the last year talking to groups about my latest book -  Gettysburg's Southern Front . The best part is me...